Again We Rise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Again We Rise

Master tacticians. Fight side by side with legends of the Evolution of Combat.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Congratulations to Ken for getting a Max Cape! Now go get that Comp Cape!

Other Game Discussion Introduction

Go down 
+2
hobbit56
Zamochy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zamochy
Admin
Zamochy

Other Game Discussion Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 4:16 am

Everyone gets bored of Runescape at some point in their gaming career.

The thing about Runescape is that you can take a year long break and the only catching up you need to do is reading all the missed updates and doing a few quests.

Basically, this section is for posting games (mainly MMOs) that you've played when you weren't playing Runescape.

You can recommend playing, or not playing the game, and provide screenshots of it if you want.

If you only stick to Runescape, your view of Runescape and it's content can be viewed in a narrow-minded manner.

If you think Squeal of Fortune is bad, you will be mortified to know that a majority of F2P games will have much bigger advantages that are directly sold to you instead of a chance at a minor advantage.
Back to top Go down
https://againwerise.forumotion.com
Zamochy
Admin
Zamochy

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 4:22 am

Thinking of trying Vindictus.

Has anyone here ever tried it before? I saw some footage of the ranged-class on the character page, and I had a range-gasm.

Link to Vindictus site

P.S

I think Rory would nerd-gasm at the Dual-Wield class.
Back to top Go down
hobbit56

hobbit56

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 8:15 am

Adventure quest.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn
Deputy
Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:43 am

Adventure Quest Worlds was an interesting game that I played for a bit. It's fun, but I really only found it fun when I was playing with friends, otherwise it was downright boring.

My friends play TERA Online. I haven't had a chance to try it out, but it's a free MMO, so it's worth checking out.

GW2 is also worth trying out. $60 for the box, free otherwise. Yes, there is a microtransaction shop, and yes it's been proven that working IRL to pay for their microtransaction currency (gems) and converting it to gold is better gold/hr than farming the most profitable dungeon in the game (and people say SoF/SGS are bad). The thing that I dislike about GW2 is that most of their updated content is temporary events and "fluff" like holiday events. (The last permanent content addition was a couple months ago with guild missions, and that isn't really popular)
Back to top Go down
Zamochy
Admin
Zamochy

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 1:26 pm

I played Adventure Quests before finally converting to Runescape in 2005. I went back to try AQ a few weeks ago and it hasn't changed much.

AQ Worlds was pretty fun for awhile, but level progression was every where. AQW, like Runescape, doesn't give you advice where you can train, and some areas at your level give horrible EXP compared to others.

Before I quit WoW, there was this noticeboard that told you where you should go for your level. Imagine a similar things in Runescape where it recommends quests your level, as well as monsters (out in the open, not in the noticeboard).

On the subject of WoW, it's a good game but with every expansion, there's a mini-EoC. Not only that, but if you ever decide to take a break, you fall far behind any of your friends that still play. I only recommend WoW (starting from scratch) if you're going to play it for about a year, mainly since paying for those expansions are costly.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn
Deputy
Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:14 pm

Not to mention the $15/month subscription fee.
Back to top Go down
Roryrai

Roryrai

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Pretty much all I've done is Runescape and League of Legends.
Back to top Go down
hobbit56

hobbit56

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 8:48 am

Crash bandicoot ps1, yeh nostalgia lol.

the harry potter playstation gaes were very good for film games too.
Back to top Go down
Jobine
Recruit
Jobine

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Omg adventure quest!

NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD!!!

EDIT: Just tried it and lol'ed my ass off.
Back to top Go down
Manwe

Manwe

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:11 pm

I remember I used to actually like Adventure Quest.  Got level 35 Werepyre and got pissed when I forgot my password.  Came back two years later, created a new account, bored out of my mind.
Back to top Go down
Zamochy
Admin
Zamochy

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:15 pm

Manwe wrote:
I remember I used to actually like Adventure Quest.  Got level 35 Werepyre and got pissed when I forgot my password.  Came back two years later, created a new account, bored out of my mind.

This except I was level 56 and I returned a few months ago only to play for a few hours.

Graphic updates really are necessary for a game to prosper.
Back to top Go down
Manwe

Manwe

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:17 pm

I didn't care about the graphics, but the quests are Slayer and the combat is shitty as a crap.  It's like autoattackscape only you have to click for each autoattack.
Back to top Go down
Zamochy
Admin
Zamochy

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Manwe wrote:
I didn't care about the graphics, but the quests are Slayer and the combat is shitty as a crap.  It's like autoattackscape only you have to click for each autoattack.

Plus those RNG specials and only 1 source of healing that is extremely limited.
Back to top Go down
Manwe

Manwe

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Zamochy
Admin
Zamochy

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:25 am

Found another game that takes a pretty unique twist at your typical MOBA game (League of Legends).

Smite is basically League of Legends, but in a 3D 3rd-person perspective.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty cool.

Back to top Go down
Capricorn
Deputy
Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Oh I love TotalBiscuit. Dis gon' be gud.
Back to top Go down
Jobine
Recruit
Jobine

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Zamochy wrote:
Manwe wrote:

Plus those RNG specials and only 1 source of healing that is extremely limited.

Other Game Discussion Introduction 39661090
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Game Discussion Introduction   Other Game Discussion Introduction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other Game Discussion Introduction
Page 1 of 1