Again We Rise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Again We Rise

Master tacticians. Fight side by side with legends of the Evolution of Combat.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Congratulations to Ken for getting a Max Cape! Now go get that Comp Cape!

Dark Matter?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Manwe

Manwe

Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Matter?   Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 5:00 pm

I think I figured out what dark matter is.
Okay, first of all, we'll need a brief explanation of the relevant part of M-theory and of Dark Matter.

What is Dark Matter?
Dark matter is matter which exerts a gravitational pull, but is invisible to electromagnetic force (photons), so we can't see it.

M-Theory
Basically this states that all the fundamental particles--quarks, neutrinos, electrons, and the force carriers W and Z bosons, gravitons, higgs bosons and photons are made of vibrating strings which determine their properties.
There are 10 space dimensions, which might be folded up very small or--see below--very large. Just not three dimensional.
Within these 10 dimensions, there are entities called branes. It is called (number of dimensions it exists in)-brane. So a 3D brane would be a three-brane, and it goes from one-branes to ten-branes.
Some strings are open-ended and some are close-ended. If open-ended strings exist on a brane, they can not leave that brane (such as going to different dimensions, 3d to 4d or whatever).
We may exist on a giant 3-brane. That is, the known universe may be one.
All fundamental particles except gravitons (gravity force carriers) are open-ended strings.

Given the above. This means that nothing except gravity can detect anything but three dimensions, including the matter/energy than resides therein.

Dark matter can only be detected by gravity.
Anyone see a connection? Dark matter is multi-dimensional matter.
Back to top Go down
Jobine
Recruit
Jobine

Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matter?   Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Error 404:

Brain not found
Back to top Go down
Zamochy
Admin
Zamochy

Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matter?   Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 8:34 pm

I understand what you're saying but I cannot think of a response because I have little to no knowledge with quantum physics.
Back to top Go down
https://againwerise.forumotion.com
Manwe

Manwe

Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matter?   Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:05 am

String theory =/= quantum physics hence why I posted the background on string theory, but okay.
Back to top Go down
Zamochy
Admin
Zamochy

Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matter?   Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:09 pm

String Theory for Dummies (everyone except Manwe).

Back to top Go down
https://againwerise.forumotion.com
Roryrai

Roryrai

Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matter?   Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:28 pm

I don't know enough about string theory to fully understand this, but from what I understand out of what you've said, dark matter is stuff that's not in our dimension. What that would imply, then, is that through gravitational effects, matter in one dimension can influence matter in another, am I right?
Back to top Go down
Manwe

Manwe

Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matter?   Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Correct. Well, not exactly. If we weren't in a braneworld, we could see the other dimensions too as photons wouldn't be bound to our brane. However, if we are, the only force carrier that can go off of our is the graviton, so gravity is the only force that can "see" stuff outside of three dimensions, or four with time. It seems blindlingly obvious to me, I don't know why all these physicists are trying to look for all kinds of weird exotic stuff. Although if the braneworld scenario is wrong, then so is this.

Hey, I read a book by that guy, Zamochy. Lol. Although he doesn't touch on branes or the braneworld scenario, which would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Roryrai

Roryrai

Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matter?   Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:23 pm

I've also read a Kaku book, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Manwe

Manwe

Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matter?   Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Mine was Physics of the Impossible, before I really got into advanced physics much. You?
Back to top Go down
Manwe

Manwe

Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matter?   Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:54 pm

Well, my theory got GF'ed. They discovered incoming positrons and electrons--originating with dark matter annihilation. These particles are open-ended too, so to end up on our brane, they'd have to start here. Meaning dark matter is three-dimensional too. Or multi-dimensional if the braneworld theory is wrong, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
hobbit56

hobbit56

Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matter?   Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:25 pm

This is why you do the degree first.
Back to top Go down
Manwe

Manwe

Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matter?   Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:54 pm

The findings about dark matter annihilation came after I made my theory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matter?   Dark Matter? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Matter?
Page 1 of 1