Again We Rise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Again We Rise

Master tacticians. Fight side by side with legends of the Evolution of Combat.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Congratulations to Ken for getting a Max Cape! Now go get that Comp Cape!

In Case We Ever Try Again...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Manwe

Manwe

In Case We Ever Try Again... Empty
PostSubject: In Case We Ever Try Again...   In Case We Ever Try Again... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:50 pm

In case any of us ever tries to built a clan again...
With Advanced Combat collapsing, what went wrong?
What started its decline?
What brought it to the brink of collapse?
What dealt the deathblow?
Any observations you have.

What I've seen...

Initiating the decline:
It seems this was caused almost entirely by the loss of a strong leader when Roryrai became inactive.  I'm a decent administrator, but people don't follow me with the kind of loyalty they gave Roryrai.  The loss of activity also had a hand, though, as we had a brief boom when I initiated the Survival Strategy.

Lesson:  A strong leader is vital to a strong clan.  This continued to hamper us from that point onward.

Brink of collapse:
This seemed to mostly result from losing several core members (Roryrai, Couriier Six and me).  We also changed to a PvM clan at this time, which is what caused the loss of us three, so whether the switch itself had a hand can't really be determined.  I doubt it did; the execution of said switch may have, though, as we weren't really prepared to forge a place for ourselves in PvM.  We had all of... what, five PvM'ers?  Eight?  A PvM clan won't grow without either some big-time PvMers (as in, well-known) or a largeish number to start.

Lesson:  If you're going to make a change, be prepared for it.

Deathblow:
This was more of a steady decline than a sudden collapse.  The clan simply continued to weaken until the rest of the major members fell away, which will result in a complete failure, though this has yet to happen.  Whether the situation could have been averted is unknown, however, a lack of action certainly didn't help.

Lesson:  If something bad is happening, you're doing something wrong.  So DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Also, we took a *massive*, maybe fatal, hit from losing a few core members.  All three of us left at the switch to PvM, as we all focused on PvP (and, for me, administration, which is nonexistent in PvM).

Lesson:  Don't just consider a change's impact on the clan as a whole.  Look at how it will affect the members of the clan, especially the important ones.

Last edited by Manwe on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snakone

Snakone

PostSubject: Re: In Case We Ever Try Again...   In Case We Ever Try Again... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:35 am

+1
Back to top Go down
Jobine
Recruit
Jobine

PostSubject: Re: In Case We Ever Try Again...   In Case We Ever Try Again... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Snakone wrote:
+1
Back to top Go down
Roryrai

Roryrai

PostSubject: Re: In Case We Ever Try Again...   In Case We Ever Try Again... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 11:52 am

In the grand scheme of things, if we really want to look at what happened, it started shortly after I got my Quest Cape. You're right, things began to decline when I became inactive, which was after I achieved the goal I'd set myself a year and a half prior. I began to lose interest in the game, because I had no desire to grind my way to 99s. Still, I hung on for a while after I realized what was happening for the sake of the clan, to see if maybe I would snap out of it. When it became clear that wasn't going to happen, I stepped down from leadership, and things just spiraled out of control from there.

In the long run, most of the blame can be placed on me for this one.
Back to top Go down
Manwe

Manwe

PostSubject: Re: In Case We Ever Try Again...   In Case We Ever Try Again... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 1:55 pm

A strong leader's definitely very necessary.  The blame can't be placed entirely on you, though; a disinterested leader is just as bad as an inactive or weak one, and you couldn't have known that you'd lose interest, or how absolutely vital a strong leader is.  An equal portion of blame lies on me; I could definitely have been quicker to see the need for a strong leader, and to find one.  I also didn't fight back against the change to PvM that was the deathblow, though I could have.
Back to top Go down
Jobine
Recruit
Jobine

PostSubject: Re: In Case We Ever Try Again...   In Case We Ever Try Again... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 6:39 pm

For me RS is dead. I'll be getting 80 div tonight, then i'm taking a break, otherwise my OCD won't let me. My sister quit last week, and i will just dump the rest of my cash into my kingdom before i leave. I'll probably log on every once in a while to do spins or check the updates.

If you guys are looking for a place where i actively post, check out the NotebookReview forum.

And i don't know why i supported EoC. I feel responsible for killing this game. Nothing we can do now, even if Jagex brought back pre-eoc it wont do anything for the longevity of the game.

Sept 06'-Jun 08'
Aug' 08-Feb 11'
April 12'-Sept 13'
Back to top Go down
Zamochy
Admin
Zamochy

PostSubject: Re: In Case We Ever Try Again...   In Case We Ever Try Again... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Jobine wrote:
For me RS is dead. I'll be getting 80 div tonight, then i'm taking a break, otherwise my OCD won't let me. My sister quit last week, and i will just dump the rest of my cash into my kingdom before i leave. I'll probably log on every once in a while to do spins or check the updates.

If you guys are looking for a place where i actively post, check out the NotebookReview forum.

And i don't know why i supported EoC. I feel responsible for killing this game. Nothing we can do now, even if Jagex brought back pre-eoc it wont do anything for the longevity of the game.

Sept 06'-Jun 08'
Aug' 08-Feb 11'
April 12'-Sept 13'
I still support the EoC, I just don't support them ignoring to update all the flaws with it.

I'm on Smite till Jagex releases content that has replay value, not a Runespan skill (like we needed another mini-game-like skill).

What really put the nail in the coffin for me was when they made those 3 Youtubers J Mods. The only reason they're J Mods is because of the amount of subscribers they have, and the fact that they still play RS.

Hell, if omustardo (Castle Wars) still played and made videos (which consisted of reading updates into a microphone), he would've been a J Mod too.
Back to top Go down
https://againwerise.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Case We Ever Try Again...   In Case We Ever Try Again... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Case We Ever Try Again...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Again We Rise :: General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: