Again We Rise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Again We Rise

Master tacticians. Fight side by side with legends of the Evolution of Combat.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Congratulations to Ken for getting a Max Cape! Now go get that Comp Cape!

Pre EoC might come back?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jobine
Recruit
Jobine

Pre EoC might come back? Empty
PostSubject: Pre EoC might come back?   Pre EoC might come back? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Heres what i think about Jagex trying to revive PvP (now that they saw RS3 was a flop in terms of demographics)

Pre EoC might come back? 40094493

And:

Pre EoC might come back? 20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse

Even if EoC Pvp is *perfectly* balanced, people still wont PK. Trust me on this one. The amount of negativity (fueled by the video makers) alone will prevent anyone from stepping into EoC wild, even if Jagex balanced all tiers, made everything viable, added skulls, added exp, etc.

Pre EoC will come back. Not because players want to, not because we don't want to, but because it will be Jagex's last option at creating a cash-cow after they see RS3 make their numbers drop even more. I don't want this to happen, but deep down, i know it will.

Hopefully: They make a non-updated pre eoc server (2011-2012) that dies off, then people will see that 2011 wasnt as good as everyone glorified it and they eventually switch over to the main game (happened with 07, will happen with 2011-2012)

But: They could revert EoC on the live game, in which case... i don't know honestly. I'll quit if that happens, but i dont know what long-term effect this could cause on the live game.

Inb4 flame
Back to top Go down
Capricorn
Deputy
Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Pre EoC might come back?   Pre EoC might come back? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Other than the initial scare of "aah!! change!!!" how is RS3 a flop? There are bugs, and the new interface is different, but I don't see why it would cause a permanent decrease in players.
Back to top Go down
Dismal Dream
Admin
Dismal Dream

PostSubject: Re: Pre EoC might come back?   Pre EoC might come back? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:32 pm

Capricorn wrote:
Other than the initial scare of "aah!! change!!!" how is RS3 a flop? There are bugs, and the new interface is different, but I don't see why it would cause a permanent decrease in players.

+1
Back to top Go down
Capricorn
Deputy
Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Pre EoC might come back?   Pre EoC might come back? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Also

Pre EoC might come back? I9PUw8e
Back to top Go down
Jobine
Recruit
Jobine

PostSubject: Re: Pre EoC might come back?   Pre EoC might come back? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 8:46 pm

Guess i was just being pessimistic then.

The low numbers are just starting to scare me then :c

But i still agree that pvp will stay dead, and that the Jmod's solution of adding resources in the wild wont help.
Back to top Go down
Manwe

Manwe

PostSubject: Re: Pre EoC might come back?   Pre EoC might come back? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Yeah PvP is screwed by the community alone.  I can say first-hand that EoC PKing is excellent, aside from raggers (which aren't a problem in the Crucible) - yet all forms are still dead.  Aside from the occasional Revenant-hunter massacre.  And that's pretty rare too, as well as being barely enough to wet someone's appetite for blood.
Back to top Go down
Dismal Dream
Admin
Dismal Dream

PostSubject: Re: Pre EoC might come back?   Pre EoC might come back? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 12:19 am

We need some more SAFE PvP minigames! That don't suck or have bad rewards or make you fall asleep(castle wars) if you want to give pvp a second wind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre EoC might come back?   Pre EoC might come back? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre EoC might come back?
Page 1 of 1